As Designed Rating Now Live in ASHRAE's Building EQ Portal
The As Designed rating for ASHRAE's new Building EQ Portal (developed by Carmel Software) is now live
San Rafael, CA
March 31, 2018
March 31, 2018
Contact: Masha O'Brien
Both the In Operation and As Designed evaluations (designed by Carmel Software) are now available in the Building EQ Portal. The As Designed rating compares potential building energy use to the baseline performance of similar buildings using a simulated standardized energy use model.
- Based on a building's physical characteristics and systems
- Independent of occupancy and operating variables
- Allows comparison of potential energy performance between buildings with very different operational and occupancy profiles
- Identifies whether a building is achieving the full design potential as compared to actual energy performance as shown in the In Operation rating
- Models only the candidate building for consistency between the two ratings
- Applicable to both new and existing buildings
About Carmel Software
Carmel Software Corporation has been a leader in HVAC design software since 1995. In fact, our software currently powers the analysis capabilities of Autodesk's (makers of AutoCAD) 3D modeling software tools. Also, ASHRAE, Mitsubishi Electric, Trane, Johnson Controls, the U.S. Department of Energy, Honeywell, Carrier Corp., large western utilities, and other Fortune 500 building-services companies rely upon Carmel to develop custom mobile and desktop applications for their clients. We currently offer more than 40 iOS and Android mobile apps for HVAC.
Media Contact: Masha O'Brien, Phone: 800-339-6030