Representatives from Carmel Software to Discuss Mobile Apps for Engineers at ASHRAE Winter Conference
Representatives from Carmel Software will be leading a number of seminars at the annual ASHRAE Winter Conference in New York City talking about mobile applications and emerging technologies for HVAC engineers.
San Rafael, CA
January 13, 2014
January 13, 2014
Contact: Masha O'Brien
Sunday, January 19, 11:00 AM-12:30 PM, Room: Sutton South
The Latest Trends and Abilities of Mobile Applications for Load Calculations and Building Energy Evaluations
Chair: Glenn Friedman, P.E., Fellow ASHRAE, Taylor Engineering,Alameda, CA
Are your HVAC load calculation and energy tools current? The latest trends and abilities of mobile applications for load calculations and building energy evaluations are explored.
1. Recent Advances in Mobile Load Calculations Stephen Roth, P.E., Member, Carmel Software Corp., San Rafael, CA
2. Residential Load Calculations and Equipment Selection in a Mobile Environment Charles S. Barnaby, Member, Wrightsoft Corp., Lexington, MA
3. Development of Mobile Applications for Rapid Building Retrofit Assessment at the EEB Hub Russell Taylor, United Technologies Research Center, East Hartford, CT
Sunday, January 19, 1:30 PM-3:00 PM, Room: Mercury
Emerging Technologies in the Built Environment: Geographic Information Science (GIS), 3D Printing, and Additive Manufacturing
Chair: Stephen Roth, P.E., Member, Carmel Software Corporation, San Rafael, CA
This session highlights current capabilities and recent advances in both geographic information systems, 3D printing, and additive manufacturing. The GIS portion will focus on advanced research, development, and applications of geographic information and analysis systems to support the nation�s energy, environment, and security programs, from local to global scales. Likewise, the next generation of manufacturing portion showcases 3D printing and additive manufacturing results and simulation methods for revolutionizing the way buildings and products are designed and built to enable energy efficient mass production.
1. Geographic Information Science (GIS) and the Built Environment Budhendra Bhaduri, Ph.D., Oak Ridge National Laboratory, Oak Ridge, TN
2. 3D Printing for Commercial Building Design Mark Buckner, Ph.D., Oak Ridge National Laboratory, Oak Ridge, TN
3. New Frontiers in Additive Manufacturing Lonnie Love, Ph.D., Oak Ridge National Laboratory, Oak Ridge, TN
Wednesday, January 22, 8:00 AM-9:30 AM, Room: Mercury
App, App and Away: Enabling Meaningful Work for the Building Professional with the Development of Quality Apps for Smartphones and Tablet Computers
Chair: Tim Dwyer, Fellow ASHRAE, Bartlett School of Graduate Studies, University College London, London, United Kingdom
There are literally millions of apps available for smartphones and tablet computers. Identifying useful apps is increasingly challenging, leading to many exploring the development of truly useful apps for the professional building practitioner. This session explores the evolution of apps; the methods for developing and establishing a reliable app to provide an accessible and verifiable way for building professional to solve practical problems; examines the state of in-house and publicly available HVAC&R related apps � including the ASHRAE apps - and how those are brought to market; and finally looks at areas of potential app development.
1. The Current State of Mobile Apps for HVAC Stephen Roth, P.E., Member, Carmel Software Corp., San Rafael, CA
2. Software Development Process for Smart Device Applications Richard Szydlowski, Center for Energy and Environment, Minneapolis, MN
3. Applying Applications Sara R. Tepfer, Student Member1 and Alison G. Kwok, Ph.D., Member2, (1) University of California Berkeley, Berkeley, CA, (2)University of Oregon, Eugene, OR
"I am excited to share our experiences developing and using mobile load calculation applications with the ASHRAE audience. I have a lot of insights to share on how mobile technology presents both benefits and challenges to HVAC engineers," explains Stephen Roth, P.E., Principal of Carmel Software.
About Carmel Software
Media Contact: Masha O'Brien, Phone: 800-339-6030