Carmel Software Releases HVAC Refrigerant Charging App for Apple iOS Devices
The HVAC RefCharge app allows users to calculate superheat and subcool temperature differences for over 75 different refrigerant types.
San Rafael, CA
November 26, 2012
November 26, 2012
Contact: Masha O'Brien
It also includes the following features:
- It is native to both the iPhone and iPad. In fact, it automatically adjusts to the screensize of those devices, including the iPad Mini.
- Perform superheat refrigerant charge calculations for 75 different refrigerants. Input the indoor wet-bulb and outdoor dry-bulb temps. to get the target superheat temperature. Then, specify the suction line temperature and pressure to get the actual superheat temperature. The difference tells you whether to charge or not.
- Perform subcool refrigerant charge calculations for 75 different refrigerants. Input the indoor wet-bulb and outdoor dry-bulb temps. to get the target subcool temperature. Then, specify the liquid line temperature and pressure to get the actual subcool temperature. The difference tells you whether to charge or not.
- Use interactive slider controls to increase or decrease all values and immediately observe calculated results. Also, the slider controls allow for "incremental" changes so you can ever-so-slightly change values to observe newly calculated results.
- Specify atmospheric pressure (other than standard 14.7 psi) so that calculated pressures are adjusted for high elevations like those in Denver and elsewhere.
- Customize input types so that you can specify manufacturer-specified target superheat/subcool temperatures or input indoor dry-bulb/indoor relative humidity in place of indoor wet-bulb temperature.
- Take a photo and assign it to the project
- Send an email that includes all inputs, results, and the photo
- Display input and result values in either English or Metric units
About Carmel Software
Media Contact: Masha O'Brien, Phone: 800-339-6030