Carmel Co-Develops Custom Software Tool for a Division of Honeywell International
We are proud to have helped develop the PC Optimizer application for Phoenix Controls. For over a year, we worked closely with their team to develop the energy calculation software engine that powers this tool.
San Rafael, CA
February 22, 2012
February 22, 2012
Contact: Masha O'Brien
- Models supply and either return or exhaust-only HVAC systems
- Includes weather data for 500+ cities worldwide
- Performs both BIN and 8760 hour-by-hour energy analysis
- Models economizers and heat recovery units
- Models air changes/hr and thermal air flow profiles for many different types of rooms
- Models fume-hoods, auxiliary exhaust and auxiliary supply fans
- Models systems with different occupancy schedules and occupancy probabilities
- Performs Monte-Carlo analysis based upon occupancy probability for fume-hoods and room presence
- Performs air balance analysis amongst multiple rooms and corridors
- Allows for input of electrical and heating costs for a wide variety of units (i.e. - kWh, therms, BTUh, etc.)
- Allows for input of many different types of first costs, annual recurring costs (O&M), and product costs
- Calculates energy usage for supply, return, exhaust fans, cooling and heating plants, and reheat coils
- Calculates and compares total energy and life cycle costs among different control strategies.
- Performs a variety of what-if scenarios
- Includes a dashboard output that allows for quick analysis of results
- Includes over 10 detailed reports that can be viewed, printed, and exported
- Uses both English and Metric units
- Includes many built-in default values
For more information on PC Optimizer, click here. About Phoenix Controls
Founded in 1985, Phoenix Controls is a recognized leader in the design and manufacture of precision airflow control systems for use in critical room environments. Our customers include the leading pharmaceutical companies, universities, hospitals, government research facilities and industrial corporations. We offer innovative, technologically sound airflow and pressurization control solutions that combine unparalleled safety and performance with value and energy savings.
Please visit www.phoenixcontrols.com for more information.
About Carmel Software
Carmel Software Corporation has been a leader in HVAC design software since 1995. In fact, our software currently powers the analysis capabilities of Autodesk's (makers of AutoCAD) 3D modeling software tools. Also, ASHRAE, Mitsubishi Electric, Trane, PECI, U.S. Department of Energy, Honeywell, DNV GL, Carrier, large western utilities, and other Fortune 500 building-services companies rely upon Carmel to develop custom mobile and desktop applications for their clients. We currently offer more than 40 HVAC mobile apps for iOS and Android powered devices.
Media Contact: Masha O'Brien, Phone: 800-339-6030