Johnstone Supply Introduces the Johnstone Toolkit Android App Developed by Carmel Software
We are proud to have developed such a versatile mobile application for Johnstone Supply. This app complements the Apple iOS version that Carmel developed last year allowing engineers to perform quick field-based calculations.
San Rafael, CA
February 20, 2013
February 20, 2013
Contact: Masha O'Brien
- Duct Sizer: Allows the user to quickly size one HVAC duct run or a range of duct sizes.
- PT Chart: Is an electronic pressure-temperature (PT) lookup chart that allows the user to specify the exact refrigerant temperature/pressure value and view the corresponding pressure/temperature result. It also displays a complete list of pressure/temperature values in 1 degree increments for over 70 different refrigerants. The user can adjust the elevation so proper gauge pressures are displayed.
- Capillary Tube Calculator: Allows the user to perform a capillary tube sizing lookup based upon HP, condenser cooled type, and refrigerant type inputs.
- Store Locator: Allows the user to find the closest Johnstone Supply store to where the user is currently located. The user can also type in a zip code to find all Johnstone Supply stores within a certain radius.
- AC/Gas Furnace Efficiency Savings Calculator: Allows the user to quickly calculate the energy savings for installing a new AC unit or furnace based upon selecting the old/new unit efficiency information and the weather region.
"We are proud to have developed such a versatile mobile application for Johnstone Supply. This app complements the Apple iOS version that Carmel developed last year allowing engineers to perform quick field-based calculations," says Stephen Roth, Principal of Carmel.
About Johnstone Supply
Johnstone Supply is the top cooperative wholesale distributor in the country and a recognized national leader in the HVACR industry. With regional distribution centers based in Portland, Oregon, Memphis, Tennessee, Allentown, Pennsylvania, Jacksonville, Florida, and Las Vegas, Nevada, the company boasts over 350 independently-owned stores throughout the United States and beyond, totaling over a billion dollars in annual sales.
About Carmel Software
Carmel Software Corporation has been a leader in HVAC design software since 1995. In fact, our software currently powers the analysis capabilities of Autodesk's (makers of AutoCAD) 3D modeling software tools. Also, ASHRAE, Mitsubishi Electric, Trane, PECI, U.S. Department of Energy, Honeywell, DNV GL, Carrier, large western utilities, and other Fortune 500 building-services companies rely upon Carmel to develop custom mobile and desktop applications for their clients. We currently offer more than 40 HVAC mobile apps for iOS and Android powered devices.
Media Contact: Masha O'Brien, Phone: 800-339-6030