OverviewThe following discloses our information gathering and dissemination practices for Carmelsoft.com:
The Carmelsoft.com web site allows visitors to browse for information about the software products available from Carmel Software Corporation. We require registration if users wish to submit comments, ask questions, or download free demos. Our site's registration form requests members to give us an e-mail address, first/last name, and mailing address.
We utilize a third-party credit card processor, 2Checkout.com, to authorize all credit card transactions for monthly subscriptions to the HVAC Equipment Locator service.
This policy covers how we use your personal information. We take your privacy seriously and will take all measures to protect your personal information.
Any personal information received will only be used to fill your order. We will not sell or redistribute your information to anyone.
Never is your email, name, address, and credit card information made available to third parties or other users of this site.
SecurityThis site has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. We have instituted the following preventive measures:
- The Carmelsoft.com website is hosted at a secure facility in downtown San Francisco. This facility offers physical security beginning with security guards, authorized access, CCTV surveillance and alarm systems. The facility is staffed 24x7x365 providing continuous surveillance of our equipment, software, applications and network.
- Our network provider provides fully redundant connectivity so as to provide us with outage proof telecommunications services with a guaranteed 99.9% uptime.
- Upon hiring all new employees, we inform them of our security policies and have them sign an employee manual which discusses security issues. At any time, only 2 employees have access to the secure data on our servers. They are given an access password, which is changed periodically, and also upon termination of their employment.
- We review our web site security regularly, assessing whether this security has been breached and taking action which prevents this.
- We utilize SSL encryption from Geotrust Inc. (http://www.geotrust.com) for all personal information including address and credit card numbers. This protects all private information that is sent from your browser to our servers.
Choice/Opt-OutOur site provides users the opportunity to terminate your membership and/or opt-out of receiving communications from us. You can do this in one of the following ways:
- Select the “Contact Us” menu option at the top of any of the web pages on Carmelsoft.com. Then, fill in your contact information, and in the comments section specify that you would like to terminate your membership.
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Send mail to the following postal address: Carmel Software Corporation, Attn: Customer Service, 1050 Northgate Dr., Suite 195, San Rafael, CA 94903 USA
Legal DisclaimerWe may disclose personal information when required by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary in order to conform to the edicts of the law or comply with a legal process served on our web site.
Notification of ChangesWe will notify you directly if there is a material change in our privacy practices. We will take commercially reasonable measures to obtain written or active e-mail consent from the user if Carmelsoft.com is going to be using the information collected from the user in a manner different from that stated at the time of collection. We will also post the changes in our privacy statement 30 days prior to a change.
Contacting the Web SiteIf you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this web site, you can do one of the following:
- Select the “Contact Us” menu option at the top of any of the web pages on Carmelsoft.com. Then, fill in your contact and comments information.
- email: email@example.com
- Send mail to the following postal address: Carmel Software Corporation Attn: Customer Service, 1050 Northgate Dr., Suite 195, San Rafael, CA 94903 USA