The HVAC ASHRAE Duct Fitting Database (DFDB) Universal app for the iPhone and iPad allows you to perform pressure loss calculations for all 243 ASHRAE fittings listed in the ASHRAE Handbook of Fundamentals.
Summary of FeaturesThis app is based upon the popular ASHRAE Duct Fitting Database desktop application, and you can do pretty much everything in this app that you can do in the desktop program. The advantage of this mobile app is that you can easily use it out in the field to do quick duct pressure loss calculations.
This app is now a universal app that works on both the iPhone and iPad. It detects which device it is running on, and it adjusts its user interface accordingly (see screenshots below). In addition, the app is compatible with the latest version of iOS 9.
The following is a list of additional features:
- It is now a universal app that works on both the iPad and iPhone and iOS 9
- You can create individual projects, each with unique input values and results.
- Each fitting has its own custom set of input parameters and results.
- You can easily change the minimum and maximum allowable values for all input parameters.
- It includes a useful search feature that allows you to type in a partial or full fitting code name to quickly retrieve it.
- It allows you to display and email two types of reports. These are similar to the reports available in the desktop version of the DFDB software. The app reports also include a spreadsheet attachment that you can open on your desktop computer to do further analysis.
- All fittings include pictures that you can view within the app.
- The app displays inputs and results in both english and metric units.
- The HVAC ASHRAE Duct Fitting Database application was designed by Carmel Software Corporation exclusively for ASHRAE.