The ASHRAE Building EQ Portal (developed by Carmelsoft) is featured in the latest edition of the ASHRAE Journal
The latest January 2022 edition of the ASHRAE Journal discusses how ASHRAE Building EQ is empowering schools and teachers to learn about building energy benchmarking
San Rafael, CA
January 10, 2022
January 10, 2022
Contact: Masha O'Brien
Carmelsoft developed the ASHRAE BEQ Portal (click here). It provides a quick energy analysis that compares your building to similar buildings within the same climate, helps to identify means to improve a building's energy performance, and provides data on Indoor Environmental Quality.
Both the In Operation and As Designed evaluations (designed by us) are now available in the Building EQ Portal. The As Designed rating compares potential building energy use to the baseline performance of similar buildings using a simulated standardized energy use model.
- Based on a building's physical characteristics and systems
- Independent of occupancy and operating variables
- Allows comparison of potential energy performance between buildings with very different operational and occupancy profiles
- Identifies whether a building is achieving the full design potential as compared to actual energy performance as shown in the In Operation rating
- Models only the candidate building for consistency between the two ratings
- Applicable to both new and existing buildings
About Carmel Software
Carmel Software Corporation has been a leader in HVAC design software since 1995. In fact, our software currently powers the analysis capabilities of Autodesk's (makers of AutoCAD) 3D modeling software tools. Also, ASHRAE, Mitsubishi Electric, Trane, Johnson Controls, the U.S. Department of Energy, Honeywell, Carrier Corp., large western utilities, and other Fortune 500 building-services companies rely upon Carmel to develop custom mobile and desktop applications for their clients. We currently offer more than 40 iOS and Android mobile apps for HVAC.
Media Contact: Lucy Gooden, Phone: 800-339-6030