Carmelsoft Awarded New Software Development Contracts from SMACNA
Carmelsoft will develop a web-based ductulator and exhaust design software tool for SMACNA
San Rafael, CA
January 10, 2023
January 10, 2023
Contact: Lucy Gooden
Carmelsoft will be developing two new websites including:
This ductulator will include the following functionality:
- Users can size simple duct runs based on airflow, velocity, pressure loss, or initial duct dimensions and shape
- Outputs include actual/rounded sizes for all 3 duct shapes, actually airflows, velocities, and pressure losses.
- Outputs are generated as web, Excel, or PDF reports.
- Users can enter ambient air parameters such as outside air, relative humidity, elevation, and more.
- Users can register and login to store projects and revisit them later on
The exhaust design website will allow the user to do the following:
- Includes the ability to draw a single-line exhaust duct schematic within the web interface.
- Allows for overall system input parameters: air properties, outside temperatures, relative humidity, and more
- Allows for 50 SMACNA duct fitting and hood inputs along with loss coefficients, duct lengths, friction losses, and more.
- Outputs included sized-ductwork and fittings, section pressure losses, system pressure losses, total airflow, total velocity and more.
- Outputs will also include pressure drops and components by section and total the pressure drops for each path thereby allowing the user to determine the critical path.
- Includes ability to generated HTML and Excel reports
SMACNA is an international trade association representing 3,500 signatory contracting firms with more than 100 chapters throughout the United States, Canada, Australia, and Brazil. A leader in promoting quality and excellence in the sheet metal and air conditioning industry, SMACNA has offices in Chantilly, Virginia, and in Washington, D.C.
About Carmel Software
Carmel Software Corporation has been a leader in HVAC design software since 1995. In fact, our software currently powers the analysis capabilities of Autodesk's (makers of AutoCAD) 3D modeling software tools. Also, ASHRAE, Mitsubishi Electric, Trane, Johnson Controls, the U.S. Department of Energy, Honeywell, Carrier Corp., large western utilities, and other Fortune 500 building-services companies rely upon Carmel to develop custom mobile and desktop applications for their clients. We currently offer more than 40 iOS and Android mobile apps for HVAC.
Media Contact: Lucy Gooden, Phone: 800-339-6030